Battle of the Fiery Beast II: Attack of the Lilliputians
Battle of the Fiery Beast II: Attack of the Lilliputians Event date: July 7th, 2012
Hosted by Shire of Coill Tuar – Highland, NY Event Last Modified: February 24th, 2012
The Fiery Beast has returned and is even more fiery-er (is that a word?) than ever! But this time, there are rogue bands of Lilliputians on the war path! They want … something? Anything? Roast Beast and Free Stuff? Maybe!
The forces of the Dark Lawd Smokey are miffed at the forces of Grand Daddy Boo and the forces of Grand Daddy Boo are gruntled at the forces of the Dark Lawd Smokey … And both have brought forth their siege weapons of mini-destruction to lay waste to their gruntled and miffed opposition!
We will be featuring:
o Heavy Weapons Lists! Fight for or against the Lilliputians!
o Rapier and Heavy Viking Longship Battles!
o Castle Siege (But it’s only a model.. Shhh!) with Weapons of Mini-Destruction!
o A Beast Feast roasted over the open flame!
o The Fire Sale Swap!
o Mini boat races! Choose the side you want to race for!
o Catapult construction contest… Seneschals, look to your mail boxes in the next few weeks…
o More Activities for the young Lords and Ladies!
o And much much more!
And if you wish:
Display your talents on our A&S table!
Shower us with song!
Make merry with music!
Heavy Weapons Lists!
Details and schedules to follow…
Feast roasted over an open flame!
Our Feastocrat will perform their magic over an open flame.
NOTE: If you have any special dietary needs please contact our Autocrat: Sorcha deBarry (845) 255-7172 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she will relay it to our Feastocrat.
The Fire Sale Swap!
Bring your gently, yet seldom used, garb, utensils and armor to trade! Details to follow…
Activities for the young Lords and Ladies!
If you’ve been to our Yule Feast you know we try and make sure that there are enough activities to keep our young Lords and Ladies busy for the entire day, and this time is no different. Our plan is always to create a safe and fun environment for our SCA families.
Site Opens: 9AM
Site Closes: 9PM
718 Adonai Lodge
48 Main Street
Highland, NY 12528
From NYS Thruway:
1. Take NYS Thruway to Exit 18.
2. At end of exit ramp bear right onto Main St./299 East. Continue to follow NY-299 E for 5.2 miles.
3. Turn right at US-9WS. Go 1.4 Miles.
4. Slight Right at Woodside Pl go .2 Miles. (You will see The Highland Fire Department Building on your left while taking this right)
5. Turn right at Vineyard Ave. Go 387 feet
6. Take 1st right onto Main St. Adonai Lodge 718, 48 Main Street will be on the left. Go .2 mi
From Route 84 Newburgh, Exit 10N:
1. FROM DANBURY: Take right off of end of exit ramp for 10N onto Albany Post Road/US-9WN. FROM PT JERVIS: Take right off of Ramp. At light take left onto Albany Post Road/Rt 9W N.
2. Head N on Albany Post Rd/US-9W N. Go 14.5 mi.
3. Turn Left at Milton Ave. Go .2 mi
4. Turn right at Vineyard ave. Go 226 ft.
5. Take the 1st Left onto Main Street. 48 Main Street, Highland, NY will be on the left. Go .2 mi
From Route US-9WS Kingston:
1. From Flatbush Rd/NY-32 turn onto US-9WS. Continue on US-9WS. Go 15.7 mi.
2. Slight right at Woodside Pl. Go .2 mi.
3. Turn right at Vineyard Ave. Go 387 ft.
4. Take the 1st right onto Main st. Adonai Lodge 718, 48 Main St. Highland, NY will be on your left. .2 mi.
Site : Due to the current economy, we will not be adding an at-door fee, but do ask for a call to confirm numbers attending the feast, therefore pre-registration ends July 5th.
Site Fee: $10.00
Feast Fee: $8.00
Site Fee: $7.00
Feast Fee: $5.00
Maximum Onboard Per Family: $62.00
Children 0-5 free.
NOTE: The Non-member fee of $5 will be applied as per SCA requirements. If you are a non SCA member please remember to add it for all members of your group 18+. This also applies to Max Family Rate.
Feast: Feast is limited to 80 gentles. Please call our Autocrat prior to July 5, 2012 to make sure we have enough food for all. Off-board tables will be available by request only.
NOTE: When you call in with your reservation, please make sure you mention any food allergies or dietary needs you may have so we can plan your meal accordingly.
Make Checks Payable to: Society for Creative Anachronism – New York
aka Susan Ganzer
29 Ganzer Ln.
Gardiner, NY 12525
Send Reservations to:
Please send Reservations to the Autocrat.
Other Contact Information:
There will be merchant and exhibition space available for anyone paying site fee. Please contact our Autocrat to sign up for space availability. Merchants should plan on providing own tables unless table availability is confirmed by Autocrat.